Sunday, October 24, 2004

Cleveland

Cleveland's not too bad so far. There's still some good places in the area like The Galleria & Tower City Center. I liked Denver better, because it had better CD stores like Tower Records & Virgin Megastore, plus I got a favorite deli place called 16th Street Deli. Here, there's just 2 FYE's & a local rap record store called Downtown Records with brand new .50 LP's & $3 mix CD's, which I plan to get later. I'm gonna have a new library of music before I get back to Florida in December! And I'm just starting to add to my record collection so I'll have some music later when I get my turntables.

It smells like sewer water since I'm in downtown & near Lake Erie. Lots of homeless people asking for change. There's no corner I can pass without being asked for money! That's a shame, considering how strong this economy is and how I was lucky to snatch up this job at a circus.

There's a place called Tomaydo Tomahhdo that I randomly encountered trying to find breakfast in the downtown Cleveland area. You can build your own sandwiches. It's pretty delicious. I think I may have found that deli/sandwich place of choice here already. They even have a website. Check it out:

http://www.tomaydotomahhdo.com

I think I'll like Illinois, which I'll be in a week. I already picked up a nice radio station passing by there, which I will probably add to my list of favorites.

The picture below is downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Everything's there, except now it's usually all gray & cloudy, so it looks dark & gloomy. Otherwise, the place is what the picture is.

There's a couple excellent local radio stations here that I would like to mention. They are a "Variety" station, where they have different types of music from almost every genre known to man every few hours. The first one is 91.1fm WRUW, which has archived mp3's of their shows! So you can download some flava from Cleveland from anywhere on the planet! Check out their website and schedules at:

http://www.wruw.org/guide/

The 2nd one is another "Variety" station on 89.3fm. You can listen live at their website:

http://www.wcsb.org/listen.htm

Both radio stations contain EXPLICIT content like HBO! Don't sleep on this!


DJ Mo
Assistant Sound Technician
Feld Entertainment
Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus
Blue Unit, 134th Edition

No comments: